My photo
Ulverston, The Lake District, United Kingdom
South Lakeland is beautiful part of England. This is my corner where i can post my poems and photos and also write about walks. This is also a place where i can air my veiws and opinions.

Saturday 1 May 2010

Vote for change!


Three Lions
With the Football World Cup coming up this summer, I have noticed an increasing number of England flags on cars and houses, also England shirts and all things with the England logo on them are everywhere to be seen. The thing that bugs me is why we have three Lions on our shirts and flags.

Now I have been around for quite a while now, I have covered many miles in this time too and seen a lot of wildlife, but I have yet to see a Lion on any of my walks.
We clearly do not have Lions roaming around our green and pleasant land, I am glad about that too.

There is one Lion we do have in our countryside and gardens though, the beautiful Dandelion!

Everybody in every village, town and city knows the Dandelion, it is one of our most important and familiar wildflowers. I would love to see everyone join in my campaign by writing to the Prime Minister and demanding that we get rid of the three Lions and replace them with a good old English Dandelion, yes the Dandelion should be celebrated as our national flower.

If the Scots can have a Thistle, the Irish have a Shamrock and the Welsh have a Leek, then why shouldn't we have a Dandelion? And i know Rugby shirts have a red Rose on them, but that only causes conflict as us Yorkshire folk would rather see a white Rose.

Every person who represents England in any sport should wear the Dandelion on their shirt with pride, so come on and get behind me on this campaign.

There should only be one lion on our England shirts, the good old English Dandelion!

No comments:

Post a Comment